Vera Creative is a human-centered creative agency that shapes the future of social equity with innovative marketing, design, strategic communication, and community engagement.
Empathy, insight, and a penchant for growth—it’s a lifestyle. We take a purpose-driven approach in our partnerships, in the way we create, and the way we serve. We bring people together to harness the power to strategically achieve clear and ambitious goals.
Whether we’re working with a government agency, a non-profit, or a commercial business—our value goes beyond what your typical agency offers because we design with people, not for people.
We align the goals of our clients with the community’s goals for good. Our creative content development and marketing strategy flow like water. Sustainably simple, successfully connecting the message with audiences that are otherwise hard to reach. At the end of the day, we remain future-facing while keeping our finger on the pulse. Because we don’t just bring brands to the culture; we build a culture around brands.
- This is a part-time paid internship based out of our Chicago office (Lincoln Park).
- The ideal candidate is a strong creative copywriter with some experience and a deep interest in marketing and advertising communications.
- Available 15-20 hours a week.
- The internship will last 6 weeks with the opportunity to join the team afterward.
- Our ideal candidate is a go-getter, a self-starter, and a “people person”.
Support your development as a marketing professional at a purpose-driven creative agency that’s primed for growth, and help produce meaningful work that makes a real difference in people’s lives.
- You’re a skilled and versatile writer who’s interested in developing copywriting skills at a creative agency.
- You find joy and success in writing social media captions that connect with people.
- You understand the fundamentals of digital marketing and can interpret data.
- You’re able to create content that’s backed by strategy.
- You’re in tune with the culture.
- You’ve got some copywriting experience for social media, websites, print marketing materials, etc.
- You can explain complex ideas simply, and persuasively.
- You can capture attention in a relevant way and hold that attention.
- You’re willing to leave your ego at the door and be a communication conduit between the client and the audience.
- Communication is key. We’ll need you to come to the table with strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills. You’re expected to practice proactive communication every step of the way.
- You’ve got a knack for making consistently great decisions on your feet.
- You’ve got acute attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- You possess a general understanding of the advertising industry, including basic industry terms, trends, and tactics.
- You’re self-motivated and interested in learning more about the business of advertising and how it relates to the goals of Vera clients, and your craft.
- You’re ambitious. Not only are you a student of your craft, but you practice humility.
- Analytical and critical thinking is second nature for you.
- You possess the ability to problem-solve, take action, and react in a professional manner while under pressure.
- You’re proficient in working with G-suite applications, especially Docs and Sheets (spreadsheets).
- Work closely with the lead copywriter to craft messaging.
- Collaborate with the design team to create harmony between the visual and written message.
- Draft cross-platform messaging.
- Assist in internal and external marketing communications.
- Showcase the ability to improve and produce results.
Show us what you’ve got!
Show us what you’ve got! Portfolio submissions strongly encouraged.
Apply and upload or link your portfolio using the form below.
Come as you are
Vera Creative is a progressive, open-minded meritocracy that puts people and equity first. Vera Creative is also an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Vera Creative considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law.